Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager RSM (Netherlands, Belgium & Scandinavia)
Our customer is Europe’s leading supplier of digital automotive data. They provide major aftermarket companies with online database solutions that are used by more than 50.000 independent workshops throughout Europe.
Their database is called WorkshopData; it’s the result of over 20 years’ experience of data management which has endowed them with unparalleled insights into bespoke data supply and manipulation for the benefit of their customers.
Crucially, they’re not only an automotive company that understands information technology, but it is also an IT company that understands the automotive sector. In essence, WorkshopData enables the professional mechanic to diagnose, maintain and repair modern vehicles, be they cars, light commercial vehicles or trucks. It can be presented in many compelling ways. These variations on presentation include displaying the data in our own familiar and much respected form, or tailoring it to suit customers’ requirements with their own branding, layout and colours through data exchange services.
The team consists of approximately 200 professionals who work from offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Italy, Spain, The assigned sales region and Romania.
In 2016 the company acquired another company that has developed a comprehensive equipment and lubricants database that supports customers from across the lubricants marketing and supply chain. These customers range from original equipment manufacturers, oil companies and lubricant distributors to end users such as workshops, motor parts resellers and garages.
- The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is part of the Sales team and reports directly to the International Director Sales. He is primarily responsible for developing (new) business and for obtaining and maintaining existing business in the assigned territory and market segments.
- The RSM will work closely with the International Sales Director to develop and execute a business plan for (amongst others) the parts distributors such as e.g. Brezan, Doyen, AD Finland, AD Sverige, Mekonomen, KGK, the parts manufacturers (OES) such as e.g. Triscan, diagnostic tools / equipment suppliers such as e.g. Autocom.
- For the OATS business, the RSM will be responsible for developing (new) business in the assigned sales region with a dotted-line report to the Sales and Marketing Manager of OATS.
- The RSM is responsible to turn the business plan in actions and translate the company values into clear customer advantages. As new products and services are being developed, other (regional) target markets or - segments can be added to the target market and segments.
- A key part of the role will be to identify important opportunities and key players in the market as well building relationships on various levels. Where needed and in agreement with the International Sales Director, applicable shows and conferences will be visited, to gain better market understanding.
- The RSM will operate from an agreed location in the assigned sales region and the job will require travel in the region for up to ~60% of the time.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtain, maintain and grow the customer base in the assigned sales region. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for attaining the targeted monthly sales goal respectively the set annual sales goal in terms of revenue and profit.
- Active prospecting and visits of target customers in the Automotive industry in the assigned sales region (such as parts distributors and retailers, trade and workshop associations, parts suppliers, IT houses and publishers, oil and lubricant suppliers, scan tool manufacturers, Telematic tool providers, B2B and B2C platforms)
- Convert prospects into customers by managing the project funnel with internal data and development department and cultivate relationships to convert customers into partners.
- Develop and execute a business development plan for the assigned sales region
- Forecast revenue on monthly bases in accordance to the agreed company ́s sales plan and manage the revenue pipeline of the business development opportunities
- Report weekly on sales activity and active participation in weekly calls & international sales meetings Use CRM tool to record customer contact & add and maintain customer information
- Analysing the competitive landscape and competitive position
- Active participation in local tradeshows (and international tradeshows, if required)
- Supporting local partners and customers with local and regional events
- Regular travel to headquarters in the Netherlands to present and discuss business opportunities Regular reporting (verbally & written) on progress to the International Sales Director
Desired Skills & Experience
- Energetic, enthusiastic, communicative, entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results oriented are key characteristics for the role
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills
- Bachelor level education in Automotive or Business Management
- Fluent in English, preferably Swedish
- At least 5 years+ experience in the automotive (After)market or relevant commercial role
- Experience with automotive parts manufacturer/parts distributor or technical publisher
- IT savvy, understanding of databases and web-services
- Proven commercial skills and strong business acumen
- Able to effectively communicate with various levels in the organization (shop-floor to the boardroom) Self-starter with Pro-Active and pragmatic (can-do) attitude, capable of making substantive suggestions for business opportunities
- Type: Full-time (100% FTE)
- Experience: Senior level
- Functions: Sales
- Industries: Information Technology and Services / Automotive
Onze klant biedt een uitdagende en afwisselende functie binnen een leuk team met een marktconform salaris.
Solliciteren? Bij interesse kan je mailen of bellen naar Sander Nijhoff via email@example.com of 0627742098